Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
Provides information on how to choose the right bike, instructions for regular care, proper installation of the newest 10- and 11-speed chains, and torque specifications for tightening delicate parts.
Ingram Publishing Services
Zinn’s friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools you’ll need and how to know you’ve done the job right. The two-color interior is easy to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every bicycle repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old bicycles from top to bottom. In 520 pages, Zinn’s guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs:
• Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
• Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
• Easy shifting: How to clean, lube, and adjust shifters and cables for smooth shifting
• Wheels: How to install a new tire, change a cassette, true a wheel, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
• Overhauls: How to repair pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks
• New tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic shifters, disc brakes
• Cyclocross: How to set up a ‘cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairs
• Troubleshooting: How to figure out what’s wrong with any bike and fix it
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you’ll know how to keep your bicycling running smoothly for years.
The author of
From the critics
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.
VideosAdd a Video
There are no videos for this title yet.
Find it at NYPL
Buy It Now
Support your library, keep it forever!View Purchase Options Learn more about this program
Hello! We noticed you have the following items in your cart right now:
If you'd still like to purchase the items you have in your cart, you can do that now.
You'll be able to purchase your eBook after you have checked out your current cart.
To continue with your eBook purchase immediately, you can clear your cart by clicking below.
All items will be removed from your cart.
I'd like to keep browsing! I'll decide later.