The Mobile Wave
Argues that mobile devices are a fifth wave in computing and will bring unprecedented access to information to a greater number of people than the previous waves.
The Mobile Wave argues that the changes brought by mobile computing are so big and widespread that it’s impossible for us to see it all, even though we are all immersed in it. Saylor explains that the current generation of mobile smart phones and tablet computers has set the stage to become the universal computing platform for the world. In the hands of billions of people and accessible anywhere and anytime, mobile computers are poised to become an appendage of the human being and an essential tool for modern life.
With the perspective of a historian, the precision of a technologist, and the pragmatism of a CEO, Saylor provides a panoramic view of the future mobile world. He describes how:
- A Harvard education will be available to anyone with the touch of a screen.
- Cash will become virtual software and crime proof.
- Cars, homes, fruit, animals, and more will be “tagged” so they can tell you about themselves.
- Buying an item will be as easy as pointing our mobile device to scan and pay.
- Land and capital will become more of a liability than an asset.
- Social mobile media will push all businesses to think and act like software companies.
- Employment will shift as more service-oriented jobs are automated by mobile software.
Argues that mobile devices are a fifth wave in computing and will bring unprecendented access to information to a greater number of people than the pervious waves.
how mobile intelligence will change everything
Mobile communication systems
From the critics
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.
VideosAdd a Video
There are no videos for this title yet.
Find it at NYPL
Buy It Now
Support your library, keep it forever!View Purchase Options Learn more about this program
Hello! We noticed you have the following items in your cart right now:
If you'd still like to purchase the items you have in your cart, you can do that now.
You'll be able to purchase your eBook after you have checked out your current cart.
To continue with your eBook purchase immediately, you can clear your cart by clicking below.
All items will be removed from your cart.
I'd like to keep browsing! I'll decide later.