Drawing for Dummies
On a simple piece of paper, a fierce bird of prey can swoop down upon its terrified victim, an adoring father can share laughter with the infant daughter cradled in his arms, raindrops can glisten on the hood of a vintage sports car, a lightening bolt can cut across the night, offering a glimpse of trees ominously silhouetted against the blackness. Drawing can enrich your life in extraordinary and unexpected ways. Drawing your everyday experiences can change how you and others see the world, while drawing from imagination can give rise to fantastic new worlds. And, despite what you may believe, it’s something just about anyone can learn to do.
Drawing For Dummies offers you a fun, easy way to learn drawing basics. Its author, professional illustrator and long-time art educator Brenda Hoddinott, has a simple philosophy—that only you can teach you to draw. With that in mind, she arms you with the tools you need to explore the basics and then coaches you through 30 hands-on drawing projects. You'll quickly
- Conquer the basics of line and shading
- Develop an eye for basic shapes and contours
- Discover how to create the illusion of three dimensions
- Render still-life subjects and landscapes
- Bring animals and people to vivid life on the page
Brenda helps you tune into your right brain and see the world as an artist does. You’ll discover how to break things down into basic lines and shapes and then reassemble them on the page. Other topics covered include:
- Understanding and exercising the basic skills of drawing lines and shapes, adding life and depth with shading, and rendering textures
- Mastering the fundamentals of composition and planning drawings
- Creating lifelike doodles and cartoon characters
- Drawing the natural environment including both plants and animals
- Keeping a sketchbook and drawing from memory
- Drawing people, starting with babies and exploring the human face from childhood to old age
It’s never too late to unleash the artist within. Let Drawing For Dummies put you on the road of discovery and self-expression through drawing.
Baker & Taylor
An introductory guide to drawing teaches readers the basics, using step-by-step instructions to highlight the various techniques and media required to draw well, covering everything from perspective and shading to online drawing methods.
An introductory guide to drawing teaches readers the basics, using step-by-step instructions to highlight the various techniques and media required to draw well, covering everything from perspective and shading to online drawing methods. Original.
From the critics
AgeAdd Age Suitability
There are no ages for this title yet.
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
NoticesAdd a Notice
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.
VideosAdd a Video
There are no videos for this title yet.
Buy It Now
Support your library, keep it forever!View Purchase Options Learn more about this program
Hello! We noticed you have the following items in your cart right now:
If you'd still like to purchase the items you have in your cart, you can do that now.
You'll be able to purchase your eBook after you have checked out your current cart.
To continue with your eBook purchase immediately, you can clear your cart by clicking below.
All items will be removed from your cart.
I'd like to keep browsing! I'll decide later.